500 g boneless, skinless fish fillet, cubed
1tablespoon red curry paste
1 cup ( 240 ml) coconut cream,
1 teaspoons palm sugar
1 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chicken powder
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 cup Thai basil leaves
5 kaffir lime leaves, spine removed, shredded
2 large red chili peppers, deseeded and shredded
Prepared banana leaf cups or any cup for the fish custard
1. Place the fish cubes, the egg, red curry paste, palm sugar, soy sauce, oyster
sauce, chicken powder and fish sauce into the bowl and mixed.
2. Add 2/3 cup coconut cream and kaffir lime leaves to the mixture.
3. Put Thai basil leaves evenly along the bottom of each banana leaf cup then fill
each cup with the prepared mixture.
4. Add coconut cream over the contents of each cup and garnish with the rest of
the kaffir lime leaves and the red chili peppers.
5. Place cups in the steamer and steam until done (usually ten minutes).
Serve either hot or at room temperature with rice.
Hor Mok Pla - Thai Steamed Fish Curry