• 200 g. glass noodles (also known as "vermicelli noodle" )
• 400 g. mixed fresh seafood
• ½ cup of fresh coriander
• ½ cup of fresh Thai basil
• 3 spring onions, sliced
• 1 fresh tomato, cut into small wedges
• 1 cucumber, sliced
• 3 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp regular soy sauce
• 1-3 tbsp. fresh red or green chillies. minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/3 cup fresh, chopped coriander, including stems
• 1 tbsp palm sugar finely chopped
TO SERVE: a bed of lettuce or Chinese cabbage on which to place the salad
1. Gently boil the noodles until they're soft and transparent (about 10 minutes).
2. Place all salad dressing ingredients together in a cup. Stir well to combine. Set
3. Rinse noodles with cold water. Drain completely and slide them into a large mixing
4. Bring 3-4 cups water to boil in a pot. Add the seafood and boil for 1-2 minutes, or
just until seafood is cooked. Try not to overcook.
5. Drain seafood rinse with cold water. Add the drained seafood to the mixing bowl
(along with the noodles).
7. Add to the mixing bowl: fresh coriander and basil, spring onions, tomato, and
8. Pour the salad dressing overtop, tossing well to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
10. To serve, place salad on a bed of green or red lettuce, or Chinese cabbage.