• 1 tablespoons panang curry paste,
11/2 tbsp for medium or 2 tbsp for hot
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 cube chicken or beef stock
• 500g beef fillet steak, trimmed
• 4 kaffir lime leaves, spine removed, shredded
• 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
• 2 small fresh red chilies, thinly sliced, to serve
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1. Heat wok over medium heat until hot. Spoon thick top layer of coconut milk into
wok for 5 minutes or until oil separates and floats to the top.
2. Add panang curry paste stirring for 2 minutes. Add sugar, soy sauce and oyster
sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce reduces slightly. Gradually add remaining
coconut milk and beef stock. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
3.Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and cook beef slice for
minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to mixed with curry mixture.
4.Add kaffir lime and Thai basil to curry and stir to combine.
5. Serve with jasmine rice.