• 250g tiger prawns, peeled, deveined
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp tom yum paste for mild or 2 tbsp for hot
• 60ml (1/4 cup) peanut oil
• 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 stalk lemongrass
• 1 pack flat rice noodles
• 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts
• 4 green shallots cut into 3cm lengths
• 5 pieces fresh galangal
• 3 kaffir lime leaves
• 1 tbsp lime juice
1. Place the noodles in a large heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside
for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2.Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add chili, garlic, lemongrass,
galangal, kaffir lime leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2.Add the prawns, oyster sauce, tom yum paste and soy sauce and stir-fry for 5
minutes or until brown and just cooked through.
2.Add the noodles and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until noodles are just tender. Add the
bean sprouts, shallots, lime juice and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Taste and season with salt. Serve immediately.