• 250g dried flat rice noodles
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce,1 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tablespoons pad Thai sauce
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 3 tbsp tamarind paste
• 1 tbsp chicken powder
• 65ml vegetable oil
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 250g medium sized prawns- peeled
• 1/3 cup firm tofu
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 6 spring onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
• a few springs chopped fresh coriander
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
• 2 cups bean sprouts
• 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1.Fill a large bowl with hot water and place the noodles in it to soak for 10 minutes.
2.In a small bowl, stir together the fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, oyster sauce,
tamarind paste, pad Thai sauce and chicken powder. Set aside.
3.Heat a wok or large fry pan over high heat and add vegetable oil. When the oil is hot,
stir in garlic and cook for about 10 seconds. Add the prawns and tofu cook, stirring
constantly until the prawns are opaque about 5 minutes.
4.Move everything in the wok out to the sides and pour the eggs in the center. Cook
and stir the eggs until firm. Add the noodles to the wok and pour in the sauce. Cook,
stirring everything constantly, until the noodles are tender. Add a bit more water if
needed to finish cooking the noodles.
5.Add the bean sprouts and spring onions. Remove from the heat and garnish with
chopped peanuts. Taste for seasoning, adjusting the spice or lime juice if needed.
6.Serve garnished with fresh coriander and remaining bean sprouts and lime wedges
on the side.