• 4 teaspoons vegetable oil or olive oil
• 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
• 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon chicken powder
• 1 teaspoon palm sugar
• 4 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
• 3 roasted dried chili
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
1. Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat.
Add the chicken, soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until light golden.
Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
2. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to wok. Add onion and stir-fry for 4
minutes or until golden. Return chicken and any juices to wok. Add chicken
powder, oyster sauce, palm sugar and green onions. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes
or until chicken is coated in sauce.
3. Add cashews, dried chili and basil to chicken. Toss to combine. Spoon over
rice and serve.
Gai Pad Met Mamuang
(Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts)