• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 2 fresh chilies minced with seeds
• 1/2 small onion sliced
• 400 g ground chicken thigh meat
• 2 tbsp sweet basil paste
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1 tbsp chicken powder
• 1 tbsp palm sugar
• 1 pinch of white pepper
• 3 sprigs of Thai basil, stems removed
1. Heat a wok over medium high heat until very hot. Add the oil, garlic and chilies
and stir fry until the garlic is very fragrant. Add the onions and continue stir frying
until the onions have wilted.
2. Add the ground chicken, soy sauce, oyster sauce, chicken powder and fry
until the chicken is cooked.
2. Season with the fish sauce, sugar and white pepper. Add the basil and toss a
couple of time until the leaves are wilted and bright green.
3. Serve the basil chicken with jasmine rice.