• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed
• 1 cube chicken stock
• 4 cups water
• 200 g glass noodles soaked for 5 minutes in cold water to soften and drained
• 200 g ground pork, formed into 10-12 balls
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 2 table spoons oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon palm sugar
• 4-5 pieces of dried mushroom, soaked for 5 minutes in cold water to soften,
drained and coarsely chopped (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 1 spring onion, sliced length ways
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil until hot.
2. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Add the balls of minced pork and cook for a one minute. Add the noodles
and stir thoroughly.
5. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, palm sugar, mushrooms, and
white pepper. Adjust to taste.
6. Remove from heat and pour into bowl. Garnish with the spring onion.
Serve in a Thai Soup Bowl.
Tom Ka Gai (Thai Chicken Soup)